Lakes Entrance is a beautiful waterfront town located on the Gippsland Lakes, a vast system of inland waterways. The region has a relaxed, holiday vibe all year round making it the perfect location to enjoy your retirement and Lakes Entrance Village couldn’t be more conveniently located.
Locals consider our location to be at the ‘quieter end of town’, away from the hustle and bustle of all the tourist parks, yet we’re still close to everything you need.
Next door is Lakes Entrance Golf Course, Eastern Beach is on the other side of the Village, we’re within walking distance of town and a short drive to the Lake. There is a direct bus service to town out the front of the Village.
Join the large, modern bowling club in town where you’re sure to meet new friends within the local community.
Enjoy an early morning stroll along the beach or the lake in the evening as you watch the fishing trawlers depart each night.
Lakes Entrance town has all the shops and amenities you could need including a shopping centre, supermarkets, banks, chemists plus 2 x medical centres. Hospital Bainsdale is only a 15 minute drive (38 km) from the Village.
At Lakes Entrance Village you’ll enjoy a relaxed, coastal lifestyle where you can make new friends in a beautiful, natural setting.
Health and recreation facilities close by
- Large modern lawn bowls centre.
- Lakes Entrance Aquadome – rehab pools, aqua classes, and more.
- Lakes Entrance town and shopping centre.
- Lakes Entrance Golf Club and Function Centre (direct access from the village).
- Nearby medical centres and large hospital in Bainsdale.
- Eastern Beach, Lake Tyers Beach, Main Beach.
- Gippsland Lakes – fishing, boating, recreation.
- Raymond Island – bushwalking, koala trail, BBQ facilities.
- Art galleries, museums and historic attractions.
Proximity to local towns and major cities
- Bairnsdale – 37 minutes
- Melbourne – 3.5 hours
- Albury / Wodonga – 4 .5 hours